Everyone please welcome Chloe Kayne, author of SHOWTIME, a 1920s circus romance story!
I’m an ARC-a-holic for no good reason except that I’m impatient. I like parrots, writing, and aerial arts. I’m a pole dancer moonlighting as a writer–sort of inverse, isn’t it? I have a business degree that I’ll never use and currently teach pole dancing at the Dollhouse Pole Dance Studio in Minneapolis, MN.
Fill-In-The-Blanks Interview with Chloe
1. I am vegan.
2. I spent 0 nights in Indonesia.
3. I don’t regret anything.
5. In ten years, I wish I could snorkel with Sea turtles.
6. In my free time, I usually pole dance with good music.
7. I love thinking about writing stories all the time!
8. Trapeze acts are neat because they are up high, but silks are fun too.
9. Eating waffles is my favorite!
10. I can live without TV.
11. Puppy dogs, cookie crumbs, and pixie dust!
12. A circus romance is akin to the pitter-patter of little hummingbird hearts.
13. In kindergarten, I used to stare at walls.
14. The best movie I can see at the theater right now is Savages.
15. I can belt out a little Adele in the car.
16. I have a parrot, who is adorable.
17. The only “milk” I drink is squeezed from the hearts of almonds.
18. I think sleeping is amazing!
19. Dreaming is even better.
20. My next project is SPOTLIGHT (sequel to SHOWTIME) and ANTHEM OF THE DOLLS (unrelated).
That was a fun interview! Thank you so much for your time Chloe!
The grandeur of the traveling circus is at its peak in the early 1920s when sixteen-year-old Laila Vilonia is searching for an escape from her bleak future. Behind the gates of the legendary Marvelle Circus, she is thrust into a mysterious world she never knew existed—a paradise populated with outcasts. It’s in this glamorous new home that Laila sparks a controversial romance with notorious sideshow performer, “The Disappearing Man,” and learns just how dangerous her new life can be.
Touring the picturesque eastern coast of America, Laila’s immersed in friendship, vaudeville, festivals, sequins, and serial killers. But behind the curtain, a sadistic plan is brewing that will crack the very foundation upon which she’s become so dependent.